Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you provide to us through or in connection with the Website include:
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide if you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Cookies and other information collected by automated means
Cookies and other information collected by automated means
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Website, such as your computer or mobile device operating system information, IP address, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and information about your use of and actions on the Website. On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), and similar technologies.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Browser web storage, or LSOs, are used for similar purposes as cookies. browser web storage enables the storage of a larger amount of data than cookies.
Web browsers may offer users of our websites or mobile apps the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites may not function correctly. Please see the section titled “Your Choices” below for information about how to opt out of cookies and other tracking technologies.
how we use your personal information
To operate the Website. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Website
- provide information about our services and portfolio companies
- provide you with information about Company events and other Company updates
- provide support and maintenance for the Website
- to respond to your requests, questions and feedback
For research and development. We may analyze use of the Website to improve the Website and for our business purposes, including by studying user demographics and use of the Website.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you PJC-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the “Your Choices” section below.
To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Website; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. We may use your information for any other purpose with your consent.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Website and promote our business.
How we share your personal information
- Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Website (such as hosting, analytics, email delivery, and database management services).
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
- Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
- Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit.We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Website to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services.
other sites, mobile applications and services
The Website may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
international data transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children through the Website. We define “children” as anyone under 13 years old. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete it. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us at the information below.
how to contact us